Rent a car from Guglielmo Marconi Airport and explore the beautiful city and region of Bologna, which is considered one of the most attractive areas in Italy. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, embark on an unforgettable journey! Rent car in Bologna!
Rent car in Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
If you are looking to rent a car at Bologna Airport, also known as Guglielmo Marconi Airport, you’ll be happy to know that it is just four miles away from the city center. The airport is conveniently located near the A1 and A14 freeways that provide easy access to various destinations all across Northern Italy. Additionally, you can take smaller roads to reach the Bologna ring road which will lead you to the historic heart of the city.
500+ Trusted Providers:
The SS64 ring road can be helpful for getting around locally, but you should be cautious when navigating the small streets within it. Nonetheless, it’s recommended to explore the area as Bologna is a hidden gem of Italy!
If you’re visiting Bologna, you’ll be pleased to know that it’s located within the city’s ring road and offers many attractions. Once you rent a car at Guglielmo Marconi Airport, you can easily explore all areas. Ensure you park your car to take a relaxing stroll through the ancient cobblestone streets and alleys in the pedestrianized central squares. Additionally, visit some of the main landmarks around Piazza Maggiore, such as Basilica San Petronio – one of the most splendid churches on Earth and be sure to take in the breathtaking views.
About Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
The main airport that serves Bologna, Italy is Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport, located only 6 km away from the city center. This airport is a convenient entry point for people visiting the region. Here are some important details to keep in mind about the airport:
- Terminal: The airport’s terminal building is split into two areas: the Schengen area, which is for flights within the European Union, and the non-Schengen area, which is for flights to destinations outside of the EU.
- Facilities: At Bologna Airport, travelers can enjoy various facilities and services like restaurants, cafes, shops, and duty-free stores. Additionally, a VIP lounge is available for passengers who seek extra comfort and privacy.
- Transportation: To travel to and from the airport, you have multiple transportation options. You can take the Aerobus shuttle service that connects the airport to the city center, hire a taxi, or rent a budget car from the Bologna Airport. Moreover, the airport has a train station that provides direct connections to Bologna Centrale railway station.
- Airlines: Several airlines operate at Bologna Airport, including popular airlines such as Ryanair, Alitalia, and Lufthansa, as well as budget airlines like EasyJet and Wizz Air.
- Destinations: The airport provides travel options to various domestic and global locations such as Rome, Amsterdam, Barcelona, and Paris.
- Expansion plans: In the next few years, there will be an expansion of facilities and increased capacity at Bologna Airport, which will include the construction of a new terminal building, additional parking spaces, and enhanced transportation connections to the city center.
The Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport is a modern and efficient airport that provides easy access to one of Italy’s most beautiful regions. It offers numerous facilities and convenient transportation options, making it an ideal starting point for any trip to Bologna and the surrounding area.
Benefits of car renting at Bologna Airport
Renting a car from the best car hire company at Bologna airport offers great convenience. It allows you to swiftly and effortlessly start your journey without the hassle of queuing up for a taxi or public transport. This is especially beneficial if you have a strict schedule or aim to reach your destination swiftly.
Renting a car offers the advantage of flexibility. You can set your own pace and schedule, and explore the area without relying on bus or train timetables. Additionally, you can stop to appreciate the scenery whenever you wish.
If you’re traveling in a group, renting a car at Bologna Airport could be a more cost-effective option than purchasing separate public transportation tickets. This also eliminates the need to spend money on taxi rides while navigating your destination.
A rental car can also be more comfortable than public transportation. You can control the temperature and choose your own music, and you won’t have to worry about crowds or uncomfortable seating.
By renting a car at Bologna Airport, you can explore small towns and rural areas that are not easily accessible by public transportation. This will allow you to discover hidden gems that may not be on the typical tourist route.
Renting a car at Bologna Airport is a great option for those who want to explore the region conveniently, flexibly, and with cost-effectiveness. It provides the freedom to travel on your own terms and fully discover what Bologna and its surrounding areas have to offer.
What Type of Car I Rent at Bologna Airport?
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport offers a range of car rental options to accommodate different needs. The type of car available for rent is based on factors such as budget, travel requirements, and number of passengers. For solo or duo travelers, a small or compact car is a suitable choice as it is easy to handle and park, making it perfect for navigating the narrow streets of Bologna’s historic center.
If you are a family or a group of up to 5 people and planning to embark on longer journeys or trips outside the city, mid-size or full-size cars are a suitable choice. These cars provide more room for luggage and passengers. When exploring the nearby mountains or countryside, consider renting an SUV or a 4-wheel drive car for more power and stability. These cars are ideal for rough terrain.
For those seeking a more lavish ride, luxurious cars are available for rent at Bologna Airport. These vehicles provide elevated comfort and sophistication, making them excellent for special events or work-related travel. To recap, Bologna Airport provides a range of car rental options to accommodate diverse travel requirements and inclinations. Whether you are traveling solo or with family, for leisure or business, there is a car rental alternative appropriate for you.
How Much Does it Cost to Rent a Car at Bologna Airport?
The cost of renting a car at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport varies based on a few factors like the type of car, rental duration, and any extras you select. Generally, the price for a standard rental car ranges from 20-50 euros per day, depending on the model and rental company.
Please note that rental prices are subject to change depending on the time of year and availability. During busy travel seasons like holidays or summer, prices may be higher because of high demand. Furthermore, you might get discounts or offers for extended rental durations from some rental services. It’s advisable to compare prices of various rental companies to find the most reasonable rate. Please note that there might be extra charges for additional services like GPS navigation, insurance, or extra drivers. It is crucial to carefully go through the rental agreement to know what is covered in the rental price and what extra fees you might be charged.
Renting a car at Bologna airport can offer a convenient and cost-effective means of discovering the city and nearby regions. It’s important to plan ahead, compare rental prices, and carefully review the rental agreement to avoid unexpected expenses.
What are cheap cars rental at Bologna airport
The cost and availability of affordable car rentals at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport may vary based on factors such as the time of year, company, and type of rental car. Here are some of the cheapest car rental options available at the airport.
- Fiat Panda or similar: This car is small and practical, making it great for driving in the city or taking short trips. It is typically available to rent for 20-25 euros per day.
- Renault Clio or similar: This car is small and easy to handle in tight spaces, and is a bit bigger than the Fiat Panda. Renting it typically costs between 25-30 euros per day.
- Volkswagen Golf or similar: This car is a comfortable and reliable mid-size vehicle with enough room for both passengers and luggage. The rental cost per day typically ranges from 35 to 45 euros.
Please note that the prices provided are only approximate and may differ based on the rental company, rental period, and other variables. To secure the best deal, we advise you to compare prices across different rental companies and book your rental car at Bologna Airport in advance. Furthermore, please be aware that extra fees for add-ons such as GPS navigation, supplementary drivers, or insurance may apply.
How to rent a car at Bologna airport
To hire a car at Bologna airport, there are certain requirements that must be met:
- Valid driver’s license: You must possess a driver’s license that is valid in Italy. If your license is not in Italian or English, you will need to obtain an International Driving Permit.
- Credit card: To reserve and pay for your rental, you will require a credit card in your name. Your credit card must have sufficient credit to cover the deposit.
- Identification: You will need to provide identification, such as a passport or national ID card.
- Age: While the minimum age for renting a car at Bologna airport in Italy is 18, most rental car companies require drivers to be at least 21 years old. Drivers under 25 may be subject to additional charges.
- Insurance: The car rental company will provide you with various insurance options, including basic liability insurance and collision damage waiver. It is recommended that you purchase the collision damage waiver to cover any rental car damage.
- Reservation: It is advisable to make a reservation in advance to ensure the availability of the desired rental car. You can reserve a car online or through a travel agent.
- Rental Agreement: Carefully read the rental agreement before signing it. Ensure that you understand the terms and conditions, including the fees and charges, fuel policy, and return policy.
Driving In And Around Bologna
If you’re thinking of driving in and around Bologna, it’s important to remember a few things that can make your experience smoother.
It is advisable to plan your travel in advance and account for extra time due to heavy traffic, particularly during peak hours. Non-residents should be aware that Bologna’s historic center has a Limited Traffic Zone (ZTL) where entry is prohibited during specific hours. Please check with your car rental company at Bologna airport for any required permits or exemptions.
Finding a parking space in the city center of Bologna can be challenging. However, there are some options available such as paid parking garages and lots. Additionally, there is some free street parking available outside the ZTL.
It is important to stay attentive to road signs when driving in Bologna, as many streets follow a one-way or limited access system. Being cautious and following the signs can help you drive defensively.
If you’re planning to explore the countryside around here, please note that some roads may be narrow and winding. It’s better to drive carefully, especially if you’re not used to such roads. Also, don’t forget to fill up your fuel tank before leaving Bologna as there are few gas stations in the countryside.
A Quick Guide To Bologna And Around
Bologna is a beautiful city situated in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. It is renowned for its delectable cuisine, fascinating history, and impressive architecture. As a result, Bologna attracts many tourists from both Italy and around the world.
When you go to Bologna, don’t miss the chance to see the city’s historic center. It’s where you’ll find some of the most famous landmarks, like the Two Towers, Piazza Maggiore and the Basilica di San Petronio. Take a walk through the city’s narrow streets and alleyways to find hidden treasures and local shops.
If you find yourself with additional free time, you may want to take a day trip to the nearby countryside. In the Emilia-Romagna region, you’ll find numerous charming towns and villages, such as Modena, Parma, and Ravenna, each with its own distinctive appeal and attractions.
The region offers a range of culinary delights for food lovers to enjoy, such as mouth-watering pasta dishes, cured meats, cheeses, and the renowned Modena balsamic vinegar.
If you need to move around, it might be a good idea to rent a car since public transportation can be sparse in certain places. Just be aware that driving in Bologna can be difficult, especially in the city center where there are lots of one-way streets and restricted traffic areas.
Bologna and its surrounding areas provide an excellent mix of history, culture, and cuisine, making it a destination that every traveler to Italy should visit.
Guide To Bologna places to visit
Bologna, located in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy, is a wonderful city renowned for its breathtaking architecture, fascinating history, and mouth-watering cuisine. Here are some of the top attractions and activities to do while visiting Bologna and its surrounding areas:
- Explore the historic city center: The city center of Bologna is well-preserved and considered one of the best in Europe. It boasts exquisite medieval and Renaissance buildings, narrow streets, and charming squares. You can take a walk around the Piazza Maggiore, appreciate the Two Towers, and venture into the delightful side streets and alleys.
- Visit the churches: In Bologna, there are numerous stunning churches, each with distinctive history and architecture. Among the most noteworthy are Basilica di San Petronio, Sanctuary of the Madonna di San Luca, and the Santo Stefano complex, which comprises a cluster of seven interlinked churches.
- Learn about the history of medicine: You can learn about Bologna’s history of medical research and education by visiting the Anatomical Theatre located in the Archiginnasio building. This building used to be the main location of the University of Bologna.
- Sample the food: One of the highlights of Bologna is its mouthwatering cuisine, with a variety of local specialties, including mortadella, tortellini, and tagliatelle al ragù, that you can try. You can head to the Mercato delle Erbe to enjoy locally produced foods and other delicacies.
- Take a day trip: The city of Bologna is situated in a stunning area of Italy, with numerous attractive places to visit close by. Options for day trips include a delightful train ride to Modena, a visit to the Ferrari Museum in Maranello or an exploration of the scenic countryside in the Emilia-Romagna region.
FAQ about Renting car in Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
What rental companies are available at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport?
You can find various rental companies at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport, such as Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt, and others.
What types of cars are available for rent at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport?
The rental car options at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport differ among rental companies but usually consist of small and compact cars, mid-size and full-size cars, SUVs, and luxury cars.
What documents do I need to rent a car at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport?
At Guglielmo Marconi Airport, you must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a credit card to rent a car. Additional documentation, such as proof of residency or a passport, may be required by some rental companies.
Is it possible to rent a car at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport without a credit card?
Although it may be more challenging, it’s still possible to rent a car at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport without a credit card. Some rental companies may demand a cash deposit, while others may authorize debit card payment.
How much does it cost to rent a car at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport?
The price of renting a car at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport can change based on a few things, like the type of car you want, which rental company you choose, and how long you’ll be renting the car. Generally, renting a car here costs between €25 and €80 per day.
What is the minimum age requirement to rent a car at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport?
To rent a car at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport, you usually need to be at least 21 years old. However, some rental companies may require you to be at least 25 years old. If you are under 25, you may need to pay a young driver surcharge.
Many people may feel skeptical about renting a car at Heraklion Airport in Crete (or Greece, for that matter). They often assume that driving here consists of recklessly zooming about as if…
Rental-Car.Company offers a fantastic selection of cars, ranging from spacious SUVs, perfect for family vacations, to sports cars and convertibles. Whatever your needs may be, we have you covered so that you…
Our team of friendly yet professional experts with years of experience in the industry is available to assist you in choosing the perfect rental vehicle for your journey. At our company, we…
Renting a car at Saipan International Airport through Rental-Car.Company is a simple process. Customers can easily search for available cars, select their preferred pickup and drop-off locations, and make a reservation online.…